Encomenda ao fornecedor. Disponível entre duas a três semanas.
Doctor and social activist Paul Farmer shares a collection of charismatic short
speeches that aims to inspire the next generation. One of the most passionate
and influential voices for global health equity and social justice, Farmer
encourages young people to tackle the greatest challenges of our times.
Engaging, often humorous, and always inspiring, these speeches bring to light
the brilliance and force of Farmer’s vision in a single, accessible volume.
A must-read for graduates, students, and everyone seeking to help bend the arc
of history toward justice, To Repair the World:
• challenges readers to counter failures of imagination that keep billions
of people without access to health care, safe drinking water, decent
schools, and other basic human rights
• champions the power of partnership against global poverty, climate
change, and other pressing problems today
• overturns common assumptions about health disparities around the
globe by considering the large-scale social forces that determine who
gets sick and who has access to health care
• discusses how hope, solidarity, faith, and hardbitten analysis have
animated Farmer’s service to the poor in Haiti, Peru, Rwanda, Russia,
• leaves the reader with an uplifting vision: that with creativity,
passion, teamwork, and determination, the next generations can
make the world a safer and more humane place.