Disponível a partir de 17 de Julho de 2020.
Soul Jazz Records’ new album ‘Kaleidoscope – New Spirits Known and Unknown’ brings together many of the ground-breaking artists involved in the new jazz scene that has developed in the UK over the last few years. Featured artists include Matthew Halsall, Yazmin Lacey, Ill Considered, Tenderlonious, Theon Cross, Emma-Jean Thackray and many, many more in this ground-breaking release.
As well as sharing a pioneering spirit in these new artists’ approach to frontier-crossing musical boundaries, a further theme of this album is that many also share a determination to independent practices – and most of these artists’ recordings featured here are either self-published or released on independent labels. While the attention of this new wave of jazz artists up until now has been London-based, this album shows how this movement is spread across the whole of Britain (and indeed beyond).
‘Kaleidoscope – New Spirits Known and Unknown’ shows that while there is commonality in these artists’ approach to music, there is a wide variety of styles – from deep spiritual jazz, electronic experimentalisation, punk-edged funk, uplifting modal righteousness, deep soulful vocals and much more.
Soul Jazz Records’ new release comes as a superb one-off pressing special deluxe triple album edition with a bonus limited-edition single, a standard triple album, and a deluxe double CD pack. This album also comes with extensive sleevenotes, artist interviews and exclusive photography.
Soul Jazz records are also releasing an exclusive one-off pressing double-headed 12” single featuring Theon Cross and Pokus to coincide with the ‘Kaleidoscope’ album release.
- Matthew Halsall & The Gondwana Orchestra – When The World Was One
- Yazmin Lacey – 90 Degrees
- Hector Plimmer – Communication Control
- Ill Considered – Long Way Home (Live At The Crypt)
- The Expansions – Mosaic
- Chip Wickham – Red Planet
- Levitation Orchestra – Odyssey
- Emma-Jean Thackray’s WALRUS – Walrus
- Tenderlonious and The 22a Arkestra – The Shakedown
- Pokus – Pokus One*
- Theon Cross – Candace Of Meroe*
- Joe Armon-Jones & Maxwell Owin featuring Nubya Garcia – Tanner’s Tango
- Collocutor – Gozo
- Makaya McCraven – Untitled
- Nat Birchall – Ancient World
- Ruby Rushton – Moonlight Woman
- Ebi Soda – Dimmsdale
- The Cromagnon Band – Thunder Perfect (5.12)
- SEED Ensemble – Mirrors
- Ishmael Ensemble – Kito’s Theme**
- Vels Trio – Yellow Ochre (Part 1)**
3xLP+7”: All tracks except *
3xLP: All except * / **